Achieve your body goals and get rid of those stubborn fat bulges with the best liposuction surgeon Sydney can provide.
Have you undergone weight loss but are still struggling with some pockets of fat that seem to never disappear? Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure which offers the body sculpting Sydney patients request frequently due to its proven and effective results. Liposuction can get rid of stubborn excess fat when exercise and diet are not effective.
If you are dealing with annoying stubborn fat in a range of areas on your body, liposuction may be able to help contour your shape to help achieve your body goals.
The Main Benefits of Liposuction
Lumière Cosmetic Clinic uses minimally invasive tumescent liposuction; Sydney residents can access a safe and effective procedure that’s performed under mild sedation and doesn’t require general anaesthesia.
The procedure involves making several 2-3mm incisions, then using a small cannula to inject a local tumescent anaesthetic into the fat layer, and another small cannula is used to suck out the fat. Our surgeons have very extensive experience in liposuction to make sure you get the best result possible.
Liposuction provides you with a safe way to remove a large volume of stubborn fat, and helps you to achieve the body shape you strive for, with short downtime and fast recovery.
The small cannula facilitates fat removal from under the skin, creating a more desirable body shape.
The small cannula removes the excess fat from under the skin, creating a more desirable body shape.
Some primary benefits of this liposuction procedure include:
- Safe and effective, performed under mild sedation, so there is no need for general anaesthesia
- Targets fat from almost all parts of the body, including the face, neck, chin, breast, stomach, hips, flanks, back, inner and outer thighs, buttocks, knees and calves.
- Only requires minimal downtime before you can return to daily activities
- Effective and Long-Lasting: The most effective way to reduce the number of fat cells in the targeted area permanently
- Sculpt the Body: A great way to achieve a more contoured look as excess fat deposits are removed from specific areas
- Minimal Scarring: Liposuction leaves subtle if any scarring
What Are The Best Liposuction Options In Sydney?
Although eating healthy and exercising more are the best way to get rid of that excess, stubborn fat. Some situations can lead the human body to develop extra pockets of excess skin and added fat that simply won’t bulge. These are the problems that the procedure known as liposuction has been destined to solve.
There are a number of different types of liposuction methods out there, each of which work in a unique way and come with their own lists of benefits.
This is the oldest and most commonly used form of liposuction. For this method, small incisions are made to the area in question, and a small cannula is placed which sucks out the excess fat.
It takes around 1-3 months to recover from this type of liposuction, and an additional 3-6 months for your shape to come through.
Tumescent liposuction, in other words, “swollen” liposuction, works similarly to the traditional liposuction methods with the added use of lidocaine and epinephrine to swell the fat. This makes the fat in the desired area of removal easier to identify and easier to remove.
Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction (UAS)
Ultrasound is a form of imaging which has been around for over 40 years. UAS is a method of liposuction which is used for tougher areas to reach, such as the chest area of a male.
UAS uses sound waves that come at a high frequency and create a high amount of energy focussed on one point. This energy helps dissolve the fat cells and makes the process of liposuction easier.
Laser Assisted Liposuction (LAS)
This works in a similar way to UAS, but uses lasers instead of ultrasound frequencies to dissolve the fat before extraction. The laser probe is usually inserted into the cannula, along with lidocaine and epinephrine, in order to remove the fat easily and in a pain-free way.
Am I The Right Candidate For Liposuction?
A consultation with the team at Lumière will determine if this procedure is right for you. Liposuction may be suitable for you if:
- You are unhappy with your current size or shape
- You have disproportionate areas of fat which seem impossible to lose even if you follow a proper diet and exercise regime
- You are healthy
- You have realistic expectations of what can be achieved with surgery
The plastic surgeon will plan the procedure by body contouring with lines to determine the areas to be treated.
How Much Does Liposuction Cost In Sydney?
The cost of Liposuction starts from $3800 or $30/week (per area).
We recommend a consultation to understand the extent of your specific procedure and determine the exact cost. During the consultation, you can ask any questions to ensure you are completely comfortable with this procedure.
Why choose Lumière for your liposuction procedure?
Lumière Cosmetic Clinic offers some of the best liposuction surgeons Sydney has to offer. With over 15 years of experience in cosmetic surgery ensure you will be in safe hands and give you the results you desire.
- The team at Lumière only use the safest and latest surgical technologies
- The team has completed thousands of liposuction procedures successfully
- Support staff are with you for every step of your cosmetic journey, from consultation to recovery
- The great results you crave for
Our plastic surgeons here at Lumière Cosmetic Clinic are board certified and are guaranteed to give you pleasant and professional experience.
Common Areas For Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction can be used in various areas around the body. Better yet, liposuction can actually be used to tackle multiple areas in one sitting if they’re close by. These body parts include:
- Thighs (both inner and outer)
- Back Bra Roll (BBR)
- Hips (love handles)
- Banana Roll (bum cheeks)
- Buffalo Hump (behind your neck)
How is Liposuction done?
Liposuction is usually carried out under general anaesthetic, depending on the site of the procedure. Below you’ll find a step by step process as to how your procedure is performed:
- Anaesthesia – Your doctor will give you a couple of sedative medications to ensure comfort prior to your surgery.
- Tumescent Liposuction – This procedure introduces a tumescent solution containing adrenaline injected into the area of excess fatty tissue to be removed. This solution will help constrict your blood vessels and prevent any excess bleeding.
- OR Vaser Liposuction – The initial part of the procedure is similar to Tumescent Liposuction, but with the addition of an ultrasonic energy-emitting cannula to melt the fat prior to it being aspirated.
- Incision – Your surgeon will incise a couple of tiny holes in order to place a hollow cannula which will suction the excess fat.
- Closing up – Once your surgeon is satisfied by the amount of fat removed, he will suture up the holes and apply compression.
- Wake up and discharge – 1-2 hours after the surgery you will be allowed to leave. You should NOT drive. Sutures will be removed after 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the liposuction recovery time?
Our liposuction procedure is performed under local anesthesia, patients can usually leave the surgery 30-60 minutes after its completion.
Most patients can return to a desk job within two to three days. You may experience some swelling, bruising, or pain following the procedure; however, this usually subsides within a few days.
Will there be any scarring as a result of the procedure?
Scars are not a common problem with modern liposuction due to the use of very small cannulas that require only tiny incisions.
Is liposuction a reasonable treatment for obesity?
No, liposuction is not a treatment for obesity. Liposuction is best used to sculpt the body where stubborn pockets of fat are unaffected by a proper diet and exercise regime.
How does abdominal liposuction differ from the tummy tuck procedure?
A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a major surgical procedure requiring general anaesthesia, it involves liposuction, tightening of abdominal muscle and excision of fat and skin.
If you are unsure which of the two procedures will be better suited to your situation, your surgeon will go through your best options during your consultation.
How do I know I've chosen the right liposuction surgeon?
When choosing a liposculpture surgeon, it is vital that they are appropriately trained. The specialists at Lumière have performed thousands of liposculpture procedures, all of which achieve great success.
Our track record, years of experience, thousands of liposuction cases and knowledge in the procedure should fill you with confidence that you have made the right choice, with the peace of mind that we will work hard to achieve your body goals.
Can this procedure be combined with others?
Yes, it is quite common for patients to have other procedures at the same time as liposuction. The specific procedure will depend on your aesthetic goals, and we will examine the best options for you during the consultation.
What are the associated risks of liposuction surgery?
Liposuction is a very safe procedure; however, there are potential risks with any surgery.
In any surgery, there is a small risk of infection, bleeding and allergy to the anaesthetic. The common side effect of liposuction include:
- Minor contour irregularities
- Small incision scar
- Other rarer side effects will be detailed in your consent form
- It is important to note that significant side effects and those listed above are very rare, especially when in the hands of the talented staff at Lumière.
Will liposuction get rid of my cellulite?
Liposuction is most commonly used for removing small amounts of fat very effectively; however, it is not recommended for getting rid of cellulite as it can cause more obvious dimpling in the problem areas.
Adding a laser or micro-needling treatment to liposuction, however, is one method of getting rid of cellulite. If cellulite is a problem for you, we recommend a discussion with our expert team during a consultation to determine the best path forward for you.
Will pregnancy undo the results of my liposuction?
Pregnancy inevitably leads to weight gain, followed by weight loss. The areas that had liposuction do not become a local nuisance area following pregnancy.
This is because during liposuction, the fat cells are actively removed and so do not get re-formed. If you have any concerns, please raise these with your surgeon during your consultation for an in-depth answer.